Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 5- Warms ups and looking at videos

Hi!
So I just finished all my homework, took a nap and finished my BD training.
I'm still working on my Diamonds, Shoulder Rolls, Snake Arms and Undulations.
My new move for this week is the chest lift. I started by first sitting down and trying to isolate the muscles in my upper ribs and upper back... I'm going to be so sore in the morning!

So my inspiration for today is Sadie. She is a great technical dancer but I often feel that she is a bit lacking in emotion. I also heard that she made a couple of faux pas of being in a rap video that was really demeaning to Bellydancers and women alike. She also was banned from Rakkasah also with her performance troup for some less than family friendly routines.
And then there was the Taxi Cab Confessions incident.

Hopefully she will get back on track on being an inspirational person and woman to look up to. Right now I just like her dance :P
-Kestrel

No comments:

Post a Comment