Friday, March 25, 2011

Day 1- New Beginnings and Lessons Well Learned

Okay. So I know when I decided I wanted to take up Bellydance I got the "look" from my mother and that scoff. Same thing with my friends too. I got that "look" and that sense of incredulity, like I was going out of my mind or something.
But they should have seen it coming you know?

I mean I was obsessed (and still am) with Henna and Harquus, which both originated in North Africa and India. I loooove the clothingand the culture there and am currently learning Sanskrit and practicing Yoga.

So all and all it shouldn't have been that much of a shock.

So back to my blog. Hopefully I can keep this up *crosses fingers*
I'll just post stuff BD related and Yoga related and all my funny mishaps on here!
My acting stuff and other junk will be on my other blog.

This is first and formost for me so I can track how I'm doing and progressing but you, if any read this, are welcome to take a peek inside my life!

Let's get started!

So today I did a Yoga warm up the "FireBird" sequence on the FitTV channel (I know) and actually got a pretty good stretch. I can now put all fingers flush agaist the floor after a couple of breaths so I'm really excited.
For my BD moves I reviewed the Shoulder push, slower than the Shoulder Shimmy. The problem I have is endurance but I'm working on that. I also did Shoulder shimmies and worked on keeping my arms loose. Then I worked on shoulder Diamond at 1/2 speed. full speed is still a disaster... but that's learning right? :)

New Moves today included the Glute shimmy and Hip Pistons, and the Walking Bellyroll... Walking was not an option today.

BTW I'm not a brand spanking new BDer, I've been off and on since december and these moves are review/new.
I also try to watch a new Belly dance video a day for inspiration! And I'll share with you!
Here is Asharah. I love the intensity of her moves and just her aura! Some people say scary and now what Bellydance is, but her moves are strongly Cabaret based! How's that for my first video posting? Truly Amazing artist!


This posting has been incredibly boring with the exception of Asharah of course!
But I did pick out a Bellydance name (I know you don't have to but I wanted to :P)
-Kestrel

No comments:

Post a Comment