Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 11- End of the "Year" Contemplations and Frustrations

Ever been supermega stressed?
I'm feeling that way right now: Doing last minute apps for my backup school, scheduling a chat with he admin coordinator at NYCDA, bellydance, yoga (it helps), papers, school work, tests, homework, a job (soon to be two), making costumes, and Relay for Life.

It all seems to be piling up and seems like my life will be a train wreck pretty soon. I pay taxes now so adults can't complain that to me either. PLUS I have prom to think about.

I complain a lot right now, don't I. But there is a silver lining. I have an awesome family support group (took me like 18 years to find out that they weren't purposefully sabatoging my life...).
That and I have a badass planner, I think I'm going to name him Jesse. Jesse is my hot pink snakeskin print (as in like a digital design print) planner that I've had ALL year. It was one of the first things I've kept and used consistantly, my first good habit.

That good habit is followed by other good ones too, like my consistant yoga and BD workouts and though my reptoire is still limited it's slowing growing.

Now it's time to focus! (again...again)
I promised phoos of my costume and me learning to dye right?
If not, well, here's some awesome photos. I just pinned a bellydance bra with my mom (yay bonding!)
Obviously I still need to sew it on, cut the straps off and replace them. I'm not sure if I want itstrapless (I'm not chesty so I'll be fine) or like a halter? But I already picked out some decorations to make it purdy! Needless to say I'm excited!

wow this photo quality is poor! But I really like how the fabric paint has taken to this, you can definitely see the pattern more clearly now and it still moves and doesn't "crunch"
I'm buying some dye and want to  try different colors and maybe sell some bras later on.
Practicing my water coloring skillz: they're okay.... I bought a book to help me out a bit. The blending is really good (I used two paints) but some areas look "messy sloppy watery" rather than "really beautiful art on fabric watercolor." Thankfully this is on a cheap white bandana that was $1.50 
I will be buying a lot more of that.

but bottom line is that I'm still growing and I love that. I love discovering new things and looking forward to keep writing in here.
oh dear, I've gone all sentiMental.
okay, good night!
-Kestrel

No comments:

Post a Comment