Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Day 156- Bellydance and Fitness

Sorry if this post is a bit misleading, It's more about Bellydance and my life, which frequently involves fitness.

Feel free to stop reading any time... Kidding.

But in all seriousness I cannot get over how much I am in love with my Tuesday Bellydance class. I'm am literally overfilled with knowledge and then some! It's way better than any DVD purchase because I am able to get that instant feedback and know what I'm doing right and what I need to work on.
Which leads on to my next thingy- I have developed a bit of a bad habit... I pull in my elbows too much and need to elongate my arms.

Wouldn't have known that from a DVD... Well Rachel Brice's Posture DVD might have. But that's not the point.

Point is: I love my class and it's awesome. Done.

But not quite...
Life has been pretty awesome lately. College is pretty okay so far... I'm doing killer in my classes (though there's always room for improvement)
I'm making friends here and there. The Honors Club people are pretty cool (I'll get to them later).
Met this guy who was super cute (but he smokes -_-) and I developed a bit of a crush, which was immediately squashed once I realized he had a girlfriend.
I'm don't wanna come between that, he's devoted, you know? Anyway we're getting to be friends and helping each other out in class.

But back to the Honors Club. And the "Fitness" part of my blog.
I was sitting in the Honors Lounge (we awesome smart kids get our own lounge... cool brag :P)
Anyway I was sitting at the computer and looking up videos of the Tough Mudders event, which is a 10 mile obstacle course in mud (hence the name), that I'm going to do. People got super into it (and the electroshock therapy obstacle) and a lot of them said they'd totally do something like this. I suggested the Mud Run since it's shorter and further away (timing wise) and got some pretty positive reviews on it!
I love events like these because they support being healthy in a new and fun way while benefiting those who really need it.
Tough Mudders' charity is the Wounded Warrior while the Mud Run benefits those who have Multiple Sclerosis

Now all I have to do is make a plan and a budget!

Needless to say I'm excited about this new project that's underway!

No comments:

Post a Comment