Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Day 149- Practice Makes Improvements!

I'm am head over heels in love with this new Bellydance class! I have no bad remarks at all (except I wish it could last longer!)
It's amazing to me why my teacher doesn't get more recognition, something I hope to rectify with my connections in my community. I've already gushed to my friends to join me at the next class.
So far in the class (beginner's), it's only me and another woman, who has had extensive BD training before. Since both of us have had training before we move at a faster pace, sort of like an in-between between Beginner's and intermediates.
I love it because it's challenging and when I manage to flub or get hip tied (bd version of tongue tied... you get the point... bad pun) she gently corrects me and shows how it's done with an explanation of which muscles should be working.

With a constant reminder to "keep elbows out!" (for the costume and framing sake) I continue to make improvements :D

-Kestrel

No comments:

Post a Comment