Friday, June 10, 2011

Day 77- Start start of Hairspray and other excitin' News

It's Friday (Friday... gotta get down on Friday)
Which means it's almost the weekend, and then come Monday, I have rehearsals for the Musical Hairspray, in which I am a Motormouth gal.
Needless to say I'm excited. I love dance and I get to dance pretty much every time I get on stage :D

I also got connected to the woman who is going to be giving me private BD lessons and brought me to the reality that where I live isn't the ideal place to start a career in Middle Eastern dance. Something I already knew but glad she reminded me none the less.
Right now I just want to learn as much as I can in the 4 or so years I'm in my hometown going to college.
She also said that another person might want to get BD lessons as well so it wouldn't be an entirely private lesson which is okay by me because we'll get to split the cost. I'm also trying to persuade my friends  to at least take a class or two with me :P

...We'll see how that goes.
And now for an Inspiration video :D It's Ansuya and she does a bit of floor work in the beginning. I normally don't like floor work, because it can look so trashy, but she does well!

No comments:

Post a Comment