Monday, June 6, 2011

Day 73- Realization that I actually WANT to be a Belly Dancer

It's summertime, nbd.
I graduated, which was a bigger deal than I thought it would be... I mean I was all for getting my diploma and taking off and saying "forget it" to the huge mondo ceremony, but my family coerced me to do otherwise... And I can't say I'm not glad I did it. It was actually... fun.

AND then we got to do this Project Graduation thing, where we get locked in a gym for fun activities and such (to keep away from drugs and alcohol on grad night).
My favorite part was Zumba with an instructor named Tracy, later after the class she asked if I danced and I said I was a beginning bellydancer (etc.) and she gave me her card and said I was awesome and it showed (It was a longer conversation but you get the gist of it)

I was just so excited that I (ME) was recognized as a dancer. I used to have 2 left feet, but a couple classes and more recently BD DVDs and classes, morphed me... I never really realized how much, that I would actually get recognized.... even just at a school event.

I don't know :) But it just makes me hungry to keep going with this journey that I'm on.
I never quite had this much certainty to do something with my life (other than acting... but that's a whole nother can of worms).
And it totally reminded me of something that I asked one my former chorus teacher.

I asked him, "was there ever a moment that you wanted to quit, to stop teaching?"
And he got this look in his eyes, filled with honesty and absolute truth, "No... There was not one moment where I wanted to quit. I knew from the moment I started teaching I didn't want to stop"

And the way he said that, with absolute surety, struck me. It wasn't a loud boisterous decleration, but a calm confession. And I realized in that moment how it applied to me. I had found something that I was (and am) absolutely sure that I wasn't going to quit on.
So I will keep going on this journey, and learning and growing.

You'll hear from me soon :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment