Monday, May 23, 2011

Day 59- Closing a Door and Opening a New One

So last Friday was the last day of my high school career (aside from Graduation and all that jazz)
Also yesterday was the last day of my first job.
I got fired.

Yup. Seems the Fates wanted to wrap up everything all into one. SO I am now jobless and school-less.
Look on the bright side, I have a lot more free time on my hands.

I'm not trying to downplay me getting fired. Yes it was wrong but I think I was more a victim on the system rather than negligence.
Start from the beginning? Ok.
So we have this policy that if you want to give away a shift that you (and the person you're giving that shift away to) have to sign a paper and give it to one of the managers. No big deal right?
BUT this must all be done the day before and handed to the managers in their hand.
It's all very last minute and not really put together.
The person who I was giving my shift to actually maxed out her hours already for working part time (35 hours) I also gave her the sheet to give the manager, so I thought I was covered.

I wasn't.

Long story short, I was fired because it's policy for a "No-call No show"
I don't blame anyone but the stupid system.
So now I just have to find another job. Preferably a waitressing job at a restaurant.
Wish me Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment